Thursday, October 22, 2015

Character Description!

Mikaera My Cousin by Maia
WALT choose words that give the reader a vivid picture in their head
Purpose: To Entertain
Text Type: Character Description
My Writing Goal: Consistency with punctuation (editing skills).
Success Criteria:
Shows physical description
Shows character traits and actions
Organised into correct sentences and paragraphs 
Strong nouns, verbs and adjectives
Uses a good simile and can use other language features effectively
Has an entertaining anecdote (little story that happened) about the character

Mikaera

Mikeara can be a sporty sensation but he can also be a crazy clown. My cousin is the average kind. He will come and see you and give you a big hug even if you refuse. His personality can cheer you up when you are in a bad mood and he also tells you really bad jokes, but you still laugh at them anyway.

The first thing that you would probably see when you meet Mikaera are his twinkling, glinting eyes. He has a very gentle tan that shines in the light. He has chocolate hair swayed to the side, styled with gel. His ears are a curved oval with a squarer appearance. His nose is a slight tilt but I think it suits him. He has a full set of teeth that you can see twinkle from a mile away.

He is not the best at taking photos because his eyes are always squinched together. My cousin isn't from around here and he only comes to visit. He plays lots of sports and loves to mess around. So he is kind of a goofball. 

As you can probably visualise, my cousin has many different personalities. He is one of the best cousins you can have! But from my writing above, can you guess in the photo who I am talking about?
Leave in the comments who you think he is....


I liked this post because it was really fun and I loved to write it.
Something I learnt while writing was probably writing about someone else and describing their character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment